Friday, February 16, 2007

"Second, both Bruffee and Farrel explicitly look for teaching methods aimed at reducing the feeling of 'anxiety' or 'psychic strain' accompanying the process of acculturation."(p142 LE)
To my opinion, I think this orientation toward this direction is really a good teaching method and will surely see the relative effects if we continue to stick on this guideline of reducing the feeling of " anxiety" and "psychic strain".In the relaxed and anxiety-free or low psychic strain conditions, students tend to be with higher spirit to think and write and they must become more creative in what they want to write and in the way they convey their ideas.


In most circumstance,the same for teaching, when we can provide and make a very relaxed atmosphere and environment, it can be an advantageous factor objectively, and in this way it can consequently bring about the good and positive results subjectively to the students themselves!

3 comments:

Teacher: Gabe Isackson e-mail: gisackson@spsmail.org said...

I come to this blog for my "power of positive thinking." As much as I am a cynic, I enjoy reading your positive responses and I recognize the accomplishments attainable by students who are encouraged with their efforts. I appreciate the blue text over the pink and keep up those positive waves!

Anonymous said...

Can you imagine anxiety-free grad school? I agree that I'd learn more--or at least as much without the stress.

Amy said...

I agree that too much stress is clearly a bad thing. Last semester I dropped a class at like the third or fourth week because I realized that even if I could get thru my classes, it wouldn't be worth as much stress as I was going thru.

On the other hand, if I dropped every class that ever caused me stress, I wouldn't learn much at all, because I wouldn't be pushing myself beyond my comfort zone.